drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PUT IT IN PHIL... JUST PUT IT IN...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: PUT IT IN PHIL... JUST PUT IT IN... Reply with quote

In the most entertaining heads-up duel I've ever witnessed, Phil "Unibomber" Laak shadow-boxed, did sit-ups and push-ups to try and win pots... but ultimately finally talked himself into calling Johnny Chan's all-in with his K-Js in the $2500 pot-limit Hold'Em event...

"How can I fold this hand?... I can't fold... I folded the last one... I'm sick about it......... PUT IT IN PHIL... JUST PUT IT IN!!!!"

Which he did... and Chan's 10th WSOP bracelet came 5 cards later after Chan turned over Q-Q.

It was kind of a one-sided room... as the final board cards were being played out the entire room was behind Chan hoping he'd get #10.... with the exception of a single lone voice who yelled "SUCK-OUT PHIL!!!"

That being Jennifer Tilly while standing on her chair in an effort to see from out on the floor of the Ladies' tourney. Very Happy

Chan, the ladies, the orange, $303K, and #10

The Unibomber and the "Unibombshell"

Last edited by Dix on Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
It is impossible for that to work, it simply can not be done like that.

It can if you're Phil Laak. Very Happy

While doing some push-ups while Chan thought about a hand he stopped and started to get up.... Chan looks down and says "Keep going"...

So... Laak goes back to doing more push-ups... after about another half-dozen an amused Chan chuckles, "Sit down Phil, you got it".... and folded his hand.
LuckySe7ens
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

It can if you're Phil Laak. Very Happy

While doing some push-ups while Chan thought about a hand he stopped and started to get up.... Chan looks down and says "Keep going"...

So... Laak goes back to doing more push-ups... after about another half-dozen an amused Chan chuckles, "Sit down Phil, you got it".... and folded his hand.

You fell for the old fake guest spamming? I dont even think that was a human reply.
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

LuckySe7ens wrote:
You fell for the old fake guest spamming? I dont even think that was a human reply.

So bots can now read, comprehend, and respond on topic like a moron?? Very Happy
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
LuckySe7ens wrote:

So bots can now mis-read, fail to comprehend, and respond randomly with regard to topic like 70% of posters on internet forums?? Very Happy

FYP
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
LuckySe7ens wrote:

So bots can now read, comprehend, and respond on topic like a moron?? Very Happy

I banned the IP that bot was coming from.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

rastapete wrote:
Dix wrote:
LuckySe7ens wrote:

So bots can now mis-read, fail to comprehend, and respond randomly with regard to topic like 70% of posters on internet forums?? Very Happy

FYP

LMAO!!!!!

Well.... if that was a bot it's the best one I've ever seen... it can edit quotes too. Very Happy

Somehow I think that anyone who could program a bot that could edit quotes to be relevant might have a few more active brain cells than our mystery guest... whose IQ seemed to definately be toward the bottom half of the deck.
unyostun
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

drneau wrote:

I just hope it's not a dynamic IP on my network. Razz

And Dix just go look at the other threads that got spammed. Most are way off topic.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

unyostun wrote:
drneau wrote:

I just hope it's not a dynamic IP on my network. Razz

And Dix just go look at the other threads that got spammed. Most are way off topic.

There were 5 posts from the same IP.
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

unyostun wrote:

Key word there being "most" Very Happy
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: No way Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
unyostun wrote:

Key word there being "most" Very Happy

I guess I don't see how you thought that response had anything to do with this thread... He might as well have said, "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!"
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this particular thread (before his post was wiped out) The fool quoted my original post, edited it down to the relevant line he wanted to comment on (that being my comment about Laak using antics to win pots) then added his bone headed...

Quote:

Point here being... I'm not aware of any bot than can perform edits of quoted posts on the fly.

Hence... they were by an actual human... dumb as he may have been.
unyostun
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
that being my comment about Laak using antics to win pots

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.

www.lameasswebsite.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: