drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reverting to default background

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: reverting to default background Reply with quote

I feel like I should know this. Is there a one-step way to revert multiple console elements to the default background?
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

select all. choose background.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that matter, you can now select multiple components and in one swoop change all attributes they have in common:

- Click on one of them.
- Control-click on the others.
- Click "Design", you'll be prompted with a list of all attributes they have in common.
- Select the attribute you want to change.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that those procedures allow me to set a custom background for multiple elements. What I want to do though is take multiple elements that currently have a custom background set, and instead have them use the default background. So in the future all I have to do is change the default and those elements will change.

Is that possible? Can you even change a single element from a custom background back to the default background? I don't just mean make the custom background match the default.

Am I making any sense?
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Doc?
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Doc described would work... the default background color is black... so just make them all black.

Or am I missing something?
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say the elements in my console are all set to a blue background. That's not the default though, they were each individually set to blue. If I change the default, it will not have any effect. So to change them I have to multiple select them all and set the new colour. What I'm asking is can I change them to use the default, so in future all I have to do is change the default, thereby avoiding the step of multiple selection of all my existing elements.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rastapete wrote:
Say the elements in my console are all set to a blue background. That's not the default though, they were each individually set to blue. If I change the default, it will not have any effect. So to change them I have to multiple select them all and set the new colour. What I'm asking is can I change them to use the default, so in future all I have to do is change the default, thereby avoiding the step of multiple selection of all my existing elements.

Hold on hold on hold on...You've already spent more time typing about this topic then you possibly could've spent setting backgrounds...

Select a row in the "Components" table. Hit Cntl-A (or whatever your platform "select all" shortcut is). Click "Design". Select the new color.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:

Hold on hold on hold on...You've already spent more time typing about this topic then you possibly could've spent setting backgrounds...

LOL. You don't know the half of it. That last post was sent from my Treo. Left thumb-typed the whole thing. Half way thru I became seized by a dogged determination to finish it, knowing the whole time the payoff would never justify the effort.

Quote:
Select a row in the "Components" table. Hit Cntl-A (or whatever your platform "select all" shortcut is). Click "Design". Select the new color.

D'oh! That never occurred to me.

Maybe from now on I'll just appeal to your pity, Doc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: