drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rover's Morning Glory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Rover's Morning Glory Reply with quote

Don't know if he's in yer neck of the woods - but they put on this guy, Rover, to replace Howard Stern here in Cincy. This dude's show has the usual cast of morning duds in the studio with him, and they talk about all sorts of things - current events, etc.

Have any of you heard this guy's show yet? All I can say is, it has got to have the lowest combined IQ of any show on the air! Not one of his sidekicks can hold a intelligent conversation, none of them know anything about music... It sounds like a bunch of college kids sitting around the student union and pretending they know what the hell they are talking about...

I dunno, I just felt the need to see if I'm becoming an elitist or something. Anyone else hear these guys on the radio yet?

-Max
Rewind
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rover's Morning GLory has been on in Columbus for a while now, but not as a replacement to Stern. I do have to agree though, every one of them sounds like an idiot.

The station here that used to have Stern changed over to their own morning show about 2 months or so before Stern actually left the free airwaves.

And then of course there is the number one morning show in Columbus, The Morning Zoo. I have been listening to them for a long time and like it better than Stern because on my drive to work, I got to hear content instead of 30 comercials.

Of course, Columbus now has what seems to be 50 morning shows that nobody plays music before 10am. Is it such a hard concept to grasp that some people want to hear tunes?
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that kills me is - this Rover Show started in my hometown of Cleveland, OH. When I heard that, I was really pulling for the guy. But after listening for about a week now, I'm kinda embarrased for the city.

-Max
Cleveland Rocks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: