drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggested online poker sites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Suggested online poker sites Reply with quote

I posted a similar thread on side-pot.com but thought I'd do the same here and see what people have to say.

I started playing at Ultimate Bet because I have a friend who plays there "professionally" so I figured that it must be ok if he's making a living there.

I like the interface there and they have a lot of variety of games for both play and real money. I have had a lot of fun there, but haven't made any money.

I've generally been playing with play chips to improve my game, but I've played with real money at UB and also at PowerPlayer.com after someone on another forum posted a code for some free $$$.

My PowerPlayer account is now sitting at $0.00 so I figured that before I actually deposit there, I'd ask around for some advice about what other sites to check out.

Any suggestions? I haven't checked out Full Tilt yet... Probably should do that.
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing ring games or tourneys or both?

Party poker (and its skins, Empire, Eurobet, couple others I can't remember) have the most players, which translates into the most bad players. Tournaments there have small starting stacks, so turn into all-in fests pretty quickly. Which you may or may not like - it's not bad from a money-earning point of view because you're either in the money or busted out within half an hour, 40 minutes.

Pokerstars has great support, nice software & graphics, better tourney structures - stacks are 1500 to start with 15/30 (or is it 10/20?) blinds, so there's more opportunity to play poker (i.e., post-flop).

Because of that I like 'Stars for tourneys, but I did well with Eurobet playing low limit ring. I decided to play SnG's for a change, so I'm at 'Stars now working off a $120 bonus. I have to pay that amount in rake, so as long as I have a positive ROI I'm playing for free.

Paradise (where I started) is ok, but the interface is slow. I went back there for a bonus in February and found the interface painful.

I've played a little at Truepoker, but not enough to form an opinion - interesting graphics though, more of a '3D' approach where you sit at one end of the table and you can hold your cards up in front of you or put them down (face down) on the table.

I think the biggest crowds is where a reasonably good player stands the best chance of doing well. Just be prepared to shrug off the suck-outs.
popposoft
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone try www.holdempoker.com?

you have not to download annoying Windoze software...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: