drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio event for play level nearing end

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
All In Apparel
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Audio event for play level nearing end Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, in version one of tournament manager there was the capability of having an audio alert play when a Play level was nearing end. Is this still possible in version 2? Confused

I would like to set something so that the players know that the level is nearing end and they should be dealing the last hand for the current level.

Thanks,
Brian

BTW, I'm using the 4-30-05 build.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. There was "break nearing end", but I don't think there was a "play level nearing end"...

Was there?
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
All In Apparel
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check my old laptop, I still have it installed on there.
All In Apparel
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm mistaken. Version one did only have the break nearing end. My partner had me sold that there was a play nearing end sound and I thought I remembered that as well. Doh!

One thing in version one that was nice was that you could specify the number of seconds before the end of a break. An chance of that making it back in? What is the default?

Brian
roadmanagerphil
"Straight to the Ace"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see a level nearing end or similar audio event. What does everyone else do to get an audio clip to play at the end of a level? I tried 'timer stopped', but that doesn't seem to do it.
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"New Blind Level" is the end of one level/beginning of the next level transition audio event.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
"New Blind Level" is the end of one level/beginning of the next level transition audio event.

Will that do it for you, or do you really want a sound to play *before* the end of a blind round.

Personally, unlike sounds playing near the end of breaks or pre-tournament countdown (which "rally" calls") I don't see much value in having a sound play 1 minute before a round goes up...not that it would be hard to implement. Is it going to make people play faster? All that matters is that as soon as the level advances you start playing at that level as soon as the shuffle starts for the next hand.
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... I wouldn't use a blind level "warning"... but if it's easy to do for you...

What I would like to see, as I've stated before, is the "break nearing end" and "touney nearing start" warnings adjustable as to the time they go off other than the default 5 minutes.... or maybe add 1 and/or 2 minute events then you could at least pick the best of the 2/3 options that works for you... or maybe use two... I could see where both 5 AND 1or2 minute warnings might not be a bad thing.
Rio Rodent
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't really see the need for a 'Blind Level Nearing End' warning sounding near the end of every level...

However, I think there would be some value in a 'Re-Buy Period Nearing End' warning, that plays x minutes before the end of the re-buy period.

Cheers,
RR Cool
roadmanagerphil
"Straight to the Ace"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my reason... I have 3 tables at my house, and not everyone has visible access to the screen during the tournament. I'm focused on the game since I'm playing too. A sound would get my attention because otherwise, I'm not going to be looking at the screen every other minute. I want to be able to focus on my playing, and only deal with the computer when I have to.

P h i l
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadmanagerphil wrote:
Here's my reason... I have 3 tables at my house, and not everyone has visible access to the screen during the tournament. I'm focused on the game since I'm playing too. A sound would get my attention because otherwise, I'm not going to be looking at the screen every other minute. I want to be able to focus on my playing, and only deal with the computer when I have to.

P h i l

I understand that.
However, given that there is a sound to alert people when the blinds have just changed, why do you need a sound to alert people that the blinds are about to change?
csmith
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Doc, I really don't see a need for the system to alert me that the blinds increase is pending. Alerting me when they have changed is sufficient for me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: